Yes, it’s that time of year. The Top Ten list time. Here’s ours: the top ten travesties from our “mainstream media.” Generally, these are stories that were either ignored or else distorted; either way, the media failed in its duty to their readers and/or viewers by denying us the opportunity to make up our own minds about current events. Our media is the epitome of “anti-choice” they’re the ones making the choices, with utter disregard and disrespect for those who rely on them for information.
One aspect that these stories have in common is that they belie the argument that the media picks its stories according to “what their readers want” and “what sells.” But then, you knew that.
So here we go.
10) The egregious lack of coverage of the Kermit Gosnell trial. While it had all the ingredients that would contribute to blockbuster ratings, the networks chose to conceal the trial from their viewers. More than anything, this reveals the indisputable fact that the political agenda – maintaining the absurd illusion that a fetus is merely a mass of tissue – trumps financial considerations about ratings. When RATM held a rally at CNN with signs about the Gosnell trial, we fielded many questions by passers-by about it – the media had done its job, and we did ours: making sure people are aware that they are being systematically lied to, and that, ironically, the media deprives us all of real “choice” when they’ve already “chosen” for us what to reveal, and what to conceal.
9) The utter nonsense about catastrophic climate change, used as justification for more Leftist power-grabs. In fact, we haven’t been warming for 16 years, as long as the warming period had lasted. In fact, we may even be cooling. So we went from catastrophic “global warming” to “climate change” then to “Extreme weather” which also is a lie. And this too And of course, when it WAS warming, there was never any indication that we humans had anything to do with it anyway. But really, why report the truth when the lie brings with it so much more power? Oh, and let’s not forget the hilarious irony of the global warming scientists trapped in the antarctic ice.
8) The deliberate misinformation relating to the George Zimmerman trial. The media had no shame whatsoever when they a) edited the 911 call, b) selectively chose photos to demonize George Zimmerman and to depict the 17-year old Trayvon as a cute little boy, c) oh it just goes on and on. Read here about the various lies told by the media, and watch Bill Whittle’s analysis of the media’s depraved deceit here. And let’s not forget, if Obama had had a son, he’d be “just like” Trayvon – an incomprehensibly idiotic statement, one that connects these two people only, ONLY, because of the color of their skin. Racism? At the highest level.
7) The cover-up of everything to do with the economy: the debt ceiling, the budget, the national debt, the per capita share of the debt, the actual unemployment numbers including those who no longer are looking for work. Because… one could only draw one conclusion from those facts: everything the president has done has only contributed to the destruction of the economy. Each of these is a worthwhile story, and under George Bush, they were. But now? Not worth a mention, Bush’s fault, the obstructionist GOP’s fault, the jihadist Tea Party’s fault, etc etc etc.
6) President Obama’s willingness to negotiate with various terrorist states but not Republicans (and here and here). Has there ever been a clearer sign of who he thinks the real enemy is, and of his ultimate goal of weakening us both domestically and on the global stage? I think not. And did the media report on the anti-Americanism of this President? Did they find irony in this, that the President of the United States sees citizens of his own country as a greater threat that those known to want to harm us? Did they report on his tyrannical abuse of the Executive branch and his trampling of the Legislative one? Ha.
5) It is rare to have such a perfect case study of the failure of liberal policies as what has happened in Detroit but somehow, the media missed it. If journalism is intended to inform us with what we need to know to “progress,” would they not have reported on this? Of course, this leads one to the topic of failed liberal policies generally: would it not be of use to Americans to be made aware of the failures of the War on Poverty, the criminally destructive and dishonest racism and hate-mongering industry of the “Reverends” Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, the facts about our failed government school system, and on and on. Oh, and this: Globalization, free trade, the boom in international entrepreneurship – the free enterprise system, in short – contributed to the eradication of 80 percent of the world’s worst poverty in less than 40 years. But again, the truth would do too much damage if it were actually revealed.
4) The IRS being found to target conservative groups as well as Christian, pro-Israel pro family and other organizations. This seemed like one area that the DC correspondent were starting to wake up, until the fabricated red herring of liberal groups also being targeted was put out there to dilute the very real and tyrannical targeting of these other groups with ideologies that differ from the White House’s – groups referred to by the president as “threats to democracy”. The silencing of alternative voices in this case was truly chilling, and yet, nobody has felt any consequences of this harassment, despite it seeming to have started at the very top, i.e, with the most transparent president in history. And we have round two, here. Imagine, just for a second, if this had happened under a Republican president.
3) The constant, unmitigated attacks on the Republican Party and Tea Party. Those who disagree with the Leftist agenda are vilified in the media at every turn, being called Jihadists, terrorists, and worse. Martin Bashir’s vile attack of Sarah Palin was only one example. We see the “tolerant” left ridicule, disparage, insult, and in every other way do what they can to silence voices with which they disagree. Every time, every SINGLE time we see this occur, we must fight back. We were successful in pressuring Martin Bashir to quit – imagine if we hadn’t! – but the hate is systemic and must be countered wherever we see it.
2) Obamacare. Even with the media’s being the administration’s most blatant salesforce for this juggernaut of destruction, a majority of Americans has always been against it. Through a constantly morphing array of gyrating calisthenics, the media has found ways of covering each and every twist and turn from the White House. The most egregious, of course, is the New York Times excusing the president’s (and others in his administration) repeated lie about keeping our healthcare, doctor, insurance etc if we like them, “period” by saying he “misspoke.” The latest scapegoat for those losing their insurance? Republican governors. It is hard to grasp the extent to which our media betrayed us in this area alone, and continue to do so. And unless we keep up the pressure on the media, and do what we can to get the truth of every destructive aspect of this law, we will, as we do, adapt, day by day, to the new normal brought about via baby steps of invasions into our lives and demolishing the best healthcare system in the world. Was it perfect? No. But in every conceivable way, Obamacare was not the answer to any of the issues that required remedy. There is little that has been as utterly maddening as everything to do with Obamacare, and the media’s betrayal of all of us by not reporting on it during its few days as a bill, nor on its contents in the years since it became law. Imagine actual journalists looking into the procurement process of those chosen to create the website. And so on. A travesty of hopefully-not catastrophic proportions.
1) Benghazi. That we still don’t know the truth is also a travesty, and that the New York Times, in a blatant pro-Hillary move, contradicted its own reporting, and that of everybody else, to revert back to the “just a video” lie. Ambassador Stevens, U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, information management officer Sean Smith, and the former Navy SEALs, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty died in the massacre, and we owe it to them to keep asking for the truth about what happened on September 11th, 2012. To many of us, it DOES make a difference, and those who are to blame – for not providing the repeatedly-requested increase in security, for any stand-down order that was placed, for deciding that there wasn’t time to send in support – must be held accountable. Clearly, Secretary of State and presumptive 2016 Democrat candidate Clinton has much more to answer for than she has so far, and the issue of Commander-in-Chief Obama’s involvement, or lack thereof, must, MUST, be addressed.
Each one of these stories has all the elements of great news, and each is a story that Americans deserve to hear. In addition, each of these would most certainly have been given far more scrutiny if the actions were taken by Republicans, or were to advance a conservative rather than leftist cause. Each of these reveals just how far from objective media our “news” has come.
Join us in fighting back in 2014. We deserve the truth, not betrayal.